Development upon customer specifications and R&D
Soterem designs and manufactures equipment based upon clients specifications for the Space, Nuclear, Aeronautics and Defence sectors.
After an analysis of expected performance combined with a risk assessment, Soterem proposes the development of a new product adapted to the requirements of the specifications or the evolution of an existing product.
All development and qualification activities meet the requirements of the EN9100 quality certification.
The standards from the different work fields are incorporated from the design stage and applied throughout the development process: ECSS standards, RCC-MX, DO-160G,…
Our extensive experience acquired over the past 40 years allows us to develop new products by combining our engineering skills with a strong development organization.
Mechanical engineering, electronics, electromagnetics, thermal engineering
Soterem develops electromechanical or predominantly mechanical systems according to customer needs.
Finite element verification of the design produced with Catia or Solidworks is carried out with the NX Nastran software.
The active parts of the motors are dimensioned with the FLUX 2D software.
Thermal analyses are performed with the Solidworks thermal module.
The Henriot method is used to check the dimensioning of gears (spur gears, helical gears, epicyclic gears, worm and wheel).
The bearings are sized according to DIN ISO 76.
Reliability analyses are written according to NPRD 97 and MIL-HDBK-217-E.
SOTEREM’s management system is certified EN 9100 V2016.
Directly linked to strategy and related objectives, the QMS is led by the management and extended to all levels. It is continuously reviewed to meet the objectives and expectations of our stakeholders.
As our activity is linked to high-tech sectors and in the expectation of an adapted product quality assurance, SOTEREM has a consistent quality department composed of :
- sector quality managers mastering the associated reference system,
- product quality assurance managers,
- quality controllers (integration and dimensional),
- configuration management managers.
They are involved at a very early stage and follow projects throughout their lives at SOTEREM. They actively participate in the continuous improvement of the QMS.
Development and implementation of special processes
Since its creation, SOTEREM has traditionally developed its own special processes in order to carry out its most specific projects. In addition to these custom processes, there are also techniques that are implemented by competent and qualified personnel:
- ECSS certified cable operator
- Qualified QMOS welders
- COFREND N2 certified personnel for leak tests
- COFREND-COSAC N2 for PT
- Staff holding the CAMARI for radiography.
- Authorized bridge operators
SOTEREM develops for its customers the mechanical, electronic and software parts of test equipment.
General test means
- Test furnaces: 1400°C and 1600°C, horizontal and vertical positions.
- Climatic chambers: 600L and 800L volume with a temperature range from -70°C to +150°C and 5% to 98% humidity.
- Aeraulic test benches
- Test benches for air compressors
- Hydraulic load test benches, up to 4T.
- Test benches for all types of motors and all types of motor characteristics (brushed, brushless, stepper or asynchronous)
- 2 helium leak detectors
- temperature, pressure, vacuum, flow, torque, force measurement equipment
- X-ray, 140kV
- ISO8 Clean room
SOTEREM can also manage more specific subcontracted tests (such as mechanical tests, EMC, etc.) via a network of regional and national trusted companies.