Created in 1975, SOTEREM’s historical activity was the manufacture of experimental devices dedicated to research for nuclear reactors.
The company’s activity thus naturally turned to another industrial sector where its high-tech know-how could be highlighted: space.
From on-board equipment to experimental devices for microgravity science, SOTEREM’s skills in space are applied to different fields:
Mechanical engineering and materials science
– High precision mechanisms
– High temperature devices
– Non-conventional welding and brazing
– On-board electro-mechanical actuators
Vacuum, pressure and thermal engineering
– Thermal analysis and high temperature tests
– Qualified equipment for high pressure and advanced vacuum.
Integration and testing assembly
– AIT Microsatelites
– AIT Space and UC Equipment
– Own products
– Build to print
- Instrumentation for microgravity experimentation in materials sciences (furnaces and cartridges).
- Manned flights: air conditioning equipment (fan and water separator of the European module of the International Space Station)
- Microsatellite integration : myriad series
- Electric motors
- On-board electromechanisms on satellites.
- Positioner of servo antennas with control-command, remote management.
- Test bench for solar panel deployment system.
- Mechanical and electrical ground benches for simulation and equipment testing.